POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : reading configuration file not permitted : Re: reading configuration file not permitted Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reading configuration file not permitted
From: Marton Fabo
Date: 7 May 2004 12:06:18
Message: <409bb3fa$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> No, both the source package and the linux binary version of POV-Ray 3.5
>  come with a valid povray.conf.

I haven't denied that either.

> How could it be different - the syntax
> you mention was not even invented when POV-Ray 3.5 was published...

Now I dounle-checked it, and indeed, the syntax is similar but
different. And then what? It was a failed attempt to somehow work around
my problem. Do you think I should be burned for trying, and hoping that
it would work?

>> Yes. And what good is it if I don't have the privilege to install it
>> where it's due, and thus povray thinks the list of permitted paths is
>> empty
>
> Read what i wrote, you can simply copy the povray.conf in the package at
> the appropriate place and it will work.  I never said you should use the
> install script.

Please read the whole thread before being so smart. I already mentioned
that I have no root privileges on the machine in question, so I can't in
any way install a config file to /usr/local/etc, where povray looks for
it. I don't give a sh*t about the install script.

mortee